KnitSpeak

A blog specifically set up to record Knitters' abbreviations, acronyms and commonly used terms. Please feel free to comment or suggest additions, etc. Also includes a list of general net speak.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Katie's Photo (SSS - Single Sock Syndrome)


Thanks to Katie for our next entry in the "Win a Skein of Hip Knits Silk competition. It's a fab photo illustrating Single Sock Syndrome!


Funny about knitting socks. When I first got back into knitting earlier this year and realised everyone was knitting socks, I thought why? Why? Why? Why? Perfectly excellent socks are available in the shops for a fraction of the price it would cost to knit them and yet people are paying for relatively expensive sock yarn and spending hours and hours wrestling with four or five of those double pointed needle thingies to produce their own! However, I don't know whether I've been abducted by aliens and brainwashed or something but NOW I feel the irresistible urge to buy some sock yarn and haggle with the hedgehogs to produce my very own beautiful PAIR (not one - two!) of snugglies to cover my plates of meat! I must admit the fact that there are some splendiferously beautiful sock yarns around at the moment has something to do with it as well. Anyway, socks seem to be part of the initiation process on the way to becoming a "proper" knitter as is knitting a clapotis.

Come on guys, get those cameras out and get snapping. All you have to do is illustrate one of the knitting terms on the list in a photo. You'll see the list if you click on List of Abbreviations, Acronyms and Common Terms in the sidebar. Use your imagination. Be inventive! It might even be fun! And you may be the lucky winner of a skein of Hip Knits Silk!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    I agree, I couldn't see the point of knitting socks when I started knitting & decided to try out some Opal self-patterning yarn just to see what it was like. Now I'm totally addicted to knitting socks, wrestling with hedgehogs (particularly on trains) and all the rest of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home